Monday, June 1, 2009

11 days to go...

Well having picked up the new Tiger a month ago I now have over 1000kms on it. This Friday is the first service at Rev Cycles in Toronto. So far the new farkles include: SW Motech center stand, mirror wideners, crash bars with highway pegs, and rear rack. A 46L Givi top box and windshield, Helmet Guardian license plate locks, and a Tomtom Rider 2 GPS. Rev is also putting Pirelli Scorpion Sync tires on for the trip. Hopefully they last the whole distance, fingers crossed.... With the chance that I might end up off the paved road, I thought the tires would be a good choice. I figure whatever tires I start with are going to be toast after nearly 15,000kms any way.

Still not sure the route of the trip, but it is looking like I am going to meet my brother Matthew and his wife Dawn in Jasper, so I am doing Canada first. I could go diagonally across cutting through the USA, but I really want to do the route around the Great Lakes, so across the Prairies via Winnnipeg.

The plan is for the three of us to meet, probably in Jasper, then do a few days in the Rockies, through Glacier National Park heading to Vancouver to hang out with my parents for a few days. After that the Coastal Highway calls, down through Washington, Oregon, and into California.

My top three destinations are: the Grand Canyon, Moab Utah, and the Badlands(Black Hills) of South Dakota. What route to get there, and what to see on the way..... who knows..... Having just seen the satellite image of the Bonneville Salt Flats, I am thinking that might have to be a "must see" spot as well.

1 comment:

  1. As long as the heat doesn't get you (us) should be a great adventure.Congratulations on the new bike and all of the swish farkles. Dawn and I are looking forward to riding with you -- a Tiger, a Beemer and a wee-strom!
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete