Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Burrowing Owl


Ok I have to admit to being a bit of a wine snob, I know big surprise to those that know me.... But I do keep an open mind when it comes to trying new things, and ending up in wine country in Osoyoos I really wanted to eat dinner at a vineyard and try their wines.

After settling in to the lake side hotel we found only two of the local vineyards had a restaurant, so chose Burrowing Owl. After a brief rainy, darkening ride there we came upon a huge, gorgeous building housing the restaurant, shop, and hotel complete with pool. The food was amazing, the wine surprisingly good, and unfortunately not available at your local LCBO store in Ontario. I will have to talk to a wine buyer, or direct to the vineyard to get some.

The ride to Vancouver the next day was the coldest, wettest weather I have been through on the trip so far. If it wasn't cold enough in the valley, we rode up to the sub-alpine meadow at Manning Provincial Park. It was snowing on the peaks across from us!!! Great windy road with a huge drop off on one side, not for the faint at heart!!

A tour down memory lane on the ride from Hope to Coquitlam. Passing previous homesteads, places I haven't seen in nearly 30 years. It is quite something to see a building you remember as a local convenience store from your childhood looking like something in a ghost town......

No comments:

Post a Comment